Emelyn's physical therapy for her neck has been going really well. She is making nice progress. She had avoided using the one side of her neck when she was having the issues with her paratoid gland. Her strength has built up nicely. The main thing we are working on now is the tilt of her head. She still avoids activating the muscles on the one side.
Emelyn had her 4 month check up. She weighed 15 lbs 1o 0z (75-90%ile), height 24.5 inches (50-75%ile), head circumference 42 cm (75%ile.) Her favorite activity is watching her big sister play. Of course, that was over a month ago.
In February, while my mom was visiting, I was working on my computer while sitting on the couch. I said something about our Tucson office. Andie said, "Where is oneson?" I didn't get what she was saying until Mimi pointed it out. Another cute thing she said was she needed some medicine on her butt hole, while walking through the living room. Mimi laughed out. Andie said, "Mimi, did I crack you up?" Needless to say that had us all busting out laughing.
We are so blessed. Andrea and Emelyn really love each other. Andrea is constantly taking care of Emelyn. If Emelyn starts to fuss while I am reading Andrea a book, Andie will take the book, save her place, and instructs me to get Emelyn. Andie doesn't like for her little sister to fuss. Even when it is for her own good like working on tummy time.
For Emelyn's four month wellness check, we drove through to get breakfast on the way to the doctor's office. At that time, Emelyn wasn't a big fan of the car, so she cried most of the time, especially if the car wasn't moving. Andie only ate about half of her biscuit because she spent the entire trip singing and dangling a toy to distract her sister so she wouldn't cry. How absolutely sweet is that!
It is hard to believe that my almost 3.5 year old comes right up above my bellybutton. She is so tall. She is practically off the charts for her age in the 95+ %ile. Let's see, I finally gave Andie her "first" haircut. I took off almost three inches. I have trimmed her hair before, but this was the first time I took any real amount off.
Of course, Andrea is Emelyn's favorite subject to study. I can often distract Emelyn by asking her to find Andie. Emelyn loves to watch Andie jump, it makes her laugh and laugh. She also loves to rock with her sister, this also brings on the giggles. Their Valentine's gift to us was their first ever squealing contest. It was too much fun.


Last weekend we went to the Austin Rodeo, well the Fair portion of it. Andrea said she wanted to ride a pony, so we stand in line. When it is our turn, I go to pick her up to put her on the pony, and she starts crying. The pony looks at us like you've got to be kidding me. I make her get on; yes she is trying to resist. The ponies start going around, and hers bucks some. Ugh! One of the workers had to come over at one point & readjust Andrea in her saddle since the bucking had made her start sliding off. As you can see by the picture above, she loved it in the end.

This was Andrea's first time on the carousel. She LOVED it. She talked her Daddy into ridding it three times. We eventually talked her into trying a couple of other rides as well. The line for the spinning bears took forever. While, Nana & I waited in line, Andrea wanted her daddy to win her a stuffed animal from a water gun shooting booth. So they head over with Papa. They did return with a firefighter mouse, but they didn't exactly win it. They played three times, and lost. The man running the booth had pity on Brian and Papa since Andrea had a super sad, disappointed face, and gave them the stuffed animal.
Emelyn enjoyed watching the spectacle at the fair. However, she spent most of her time wrapped up to avoid the wind.
No comments:
Post a Comment