Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Visiting Lubbock Bunch 8/1 - 8/3

Andie & I flew to Lubbock to visit my family. I miss my family, but not the dry, sandy air. Here are a couple of pics of Andie playing with her 4 year old cousin Luna.
Dancing together.

Walking hand in hand.
Sweet Hugs.
Mimi's Princess Tinkerbell Fairies.



Everything went great during our trip. We went to an employee appreciation carnival thrown by Mimi's work. The girls enjoyed the moon bounces. Well, Andie enjoyed it until some kids got in that thought it was fun to bounce too close to her. Then she was terrified, the girl working the bounce had to go in and pull Andie out crying. We moved onto the games, Andie even managed to win a stuffed penguin at one. She cried when her turn was over; she wanted to keep going.

Our return trip was horrific! Andie woke up at 3:30 that morning, two hours before she needed to. She almost fell back asleep on the way to the airport. Then I had a very irritable toddler on my hands. She screamed and threw a fit for 45 minutes in the airport (checking in, going through secruity, store to buy drinks, then to our gate.) All of these people just watched as I struggled with a bag, car seat, and a flopping toddler. I finally asked a gentleman to assist me to our gate. Andie fell asleep on the floor 5 minutes before we had to board the plane. Then I made her mad again when I woke her up. She was appeased once she was strapped in her carseat on the plane. Thank God, she went back to sleep before the plane took off and slept until
after we landed.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I am glad to see that you were in Lubbock last weekend. I was in Austin, feeling guilty that I didn't bring your number! We left in a hurry, 4 days before planned - - so I didn't do a lot of preparation like I normally would have! Hope you had a great time and Andi got some sleep!